Courses aim to equip delegates with a new skill and additional knowledge. They are usually, but not always, for those professionals who support our patients.
Workshops are an opportunity to try equipment and practice new skills. Workshops are usually to help our patients get the best from their Cochlear Implants.
The courses and workshops are FREE to USAIS patients and those who support them
Courses for those who provide support
We run a training programme for professionals who support our service users. The programme includes the following:
- Cochlear Implants – the basics – 25th October 2019
- Cochlear Implants – beyond the basics – to be advised
- Bone Conduction Hearing Implants – the basics
- Device Troubleshooting – 20th January 2020
- Auditory Processing Disorder – to be advised
- Remote microphone systems, auditory implants and speech testing – Thursday 26th and Friday 27th March 2020
Courses for patients
Introduction to Lipreading (10 week course)
Lipreading is a vital communication skill for many people with hearing loss. It involves watching and recognising lip shapes and facial movements of speakers to gain a better understanding of what they are saying.
Our experienced lipreading teacher runs this 10-week introduction to lipreading course. The next 10 week course will commence on Thursday 3rd October 2019 for two hours from 10 am to 12 noon. The course will continue, at the same time, over the next 9 weeks. For more information follow this link.
- Telephone Workshop – 5th November 2019
- Music Workshop – 18th November 2019
- Tinnitus Workshop – 4th December 2019
- Voice Workshop
- Confident Communication Workshop
If you are interested in attending any of our workshops please get in touch by emailing email@example.com