Courses and Workshops
Courses aim to equip delegates with a new skill and additional knowledge. They are usually, but not always, for those professionals who support our patients.
Workshops are an opportunity to try equipment and practice new skills. Workshops are usually to help our patients get the best from their Cochlear Implants.
Some courses and workshops are FREE to USAIS patients and those who support them, most are held on University of Southampton premises but check individual course details for the most up to date and correct information. Dates are subject to change.
Courses for those who provide support
We run a training programme for professionals who support our service users. The programme is adjusted throughout the year, but there is link to some of the courses below. The programme includes the following:
- Cochlear Implants – the basics – 22nd September 2023
- Remote mic systems, auditory implants and speech testing – 25th-26th March 2024
Courses for patients
For more information on any workshop please click on the relevant link which can be found below:
- Telephone Workshop – to be advised
- Music Workshop – to be advised
- Tinnitus Workshop – to be advised
- Voice Workshop – to be advised
- Confident Communication Workshop – to be advised
If you are interested in attending any of our workshops please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org