CIICA: is an exciting new global community of cochlear implant user and family advocacy groups and individuals who support our shared vision of closing the global gap in cochlear implant provision and ensuring lifelong support for all who benefit.
The community of organisations and individuals value the opportunity for a new way of working for CI advocacy groups and the opportunity to make a difference. Working together we aim to make CIICA a shared and trusted space for collaboration to strengthen users, including children and young people, in advocacy work.
To increase the number of people globally who have access to cochlear implants and lifelong support by:
- Raising the international global awareness of the health, social and economic benefits of cochlear implants for those who could benefit from implantation, health care practitioners and wider society.
- Empowering user led advocacy and awareness raising activity to influence governments and health funders to invest in addressing the under provision of CIs and other implantable technologies, related habilitation, after care and up-grades.
- Supporting CI advocates with the tools they need to achieve change.
Our agreed objectives
- To share user and family driven advocacy via a shared digital platform: the Community of Action.
- To empower CI user groups globally
- To foster collaboration across the CI sector
- To enhance the global impact of user advocacy on CIs
- To influence public policy decisions on hearing health and CI
- To provide an opportunity for data collection, and user driven research on CIs
- To develop and support advocates to become regional and global leaders in their community and have greater impact internationally.
- To exchange resources and research updates
The CIICA has resources, blogs and events which may be of interest to you. We look forward to working with them this year.
Check out their website if you would like to know more.