USAIS has two vacancies within our expanding Admin Team. The posts are for a Medical Secretary and a Senior Medical Secretary.
The team relies on all staff to make the service work smoothly, and the Admin team is no exception.
The Medical Secretaries have a wide range of tasks, including:
- Scheduling appointments and supporting patients to attend
- Explaining procedures to patients and professionals
- Working with hospitals and professionals to collate information such as scans and reports
- Liaise with patients regarding operations
- Supporting Surgeons and patients during weekly clinics
- Typing up clinic notes and letters after medical appointments from audio
- Preparing surgery kits for sending out to hospitals
The senior post holder will be working with management and secretarial staff to support the service. Tasks will include the supervision and support of four medical secretaries, workload management, liaison with other other teams to ensure the smooth running of the secretarial service, reviewing procedures and reporting.
Further information about the role, including the Job Description and Person Specification, is available on the University Recruitment Site. Information about the benefits of working for the University are also described.
If you have not applied for a University role previously, you will need to set up an account on the site. You will be able to apply for either role from the link below:
If you have any questions or would like to discuss either role, please send an email to email@example.com