We are running another of our highly popular courses ‘Cochlear Implants: The Basics’ for professionals working with our cochlear implant patients. This course is FREE for those who support an AIS patient, other delegates pay £30.
Date: Thursday 13 October 2016
Time: 9:15am- 4pm
Venue: Auditory Implant Service, University of Southampton, Highfield, SO17 1BJ
This one day course is aimed at professionals with no prior knowledge of Cochlear implants who want to know the basics in order to support a child in a classroom setting. This would be of particular interest to new Teachers of the Deaf, SENCO’s, Teachers and Learning Support Assistants.
Topics will include:
- What is a cochlear implant?
- Optimising the listening environment – why use an FM system?
- Troubleshooting equipment
- What is it like to have a hearing loss?
- How to support progress (divided into groups of preschool/primary and secondary age children)
Delegates will need to choose one implant manufacturer and one age group to focus on for the day when applying on line please
- Advanced Bionics / Cochlear / Medel
- Pre-school / primary / secondary
Tea and Coffee will be provided. Please bring your own lunch.