Thursday 4th and Friday 5th February 2016
Hosted by University of Southampton Auditory Implant Service
Fee: £25 per day (includes light lunch and refreshments)
This is a two day course aimed at Teachers of the Deaf and Educational Audiologists. Day 1 can be attended as a stand-alone day; Day 2 is open to those delegates who have attended Day 1.
Day 1 (Theory) will cover:
- Features of current radio aid systems with different CIs
- The implications and challenges of combining a CI with a radio aid/soundfield system
- The rationale behind balancing and verification
- Issues around when to fit a radio aid to a CI user
Day 2 (Practical) will feature a number of demonstration workshop sessions covering:
- Testbox testing and balancing of Cochlear/AB/Medel processors in combination with a variety of Radio aid systems (bodyworn, ear level, neck loop)
- Re-broadcasting and balancing soundfield systems
- Verification through speech tests
Day 2 will also include an exhibition featuring manufacturers of cochlear implants, hearing aids and soundfield systems.
To book your place please follow the link: http://go.soton.ac.uk/6tx
For all other queries please email AIS.Training@soton.ac.uk